Friday, March 4, 2011

Breaking News: Trouble in Paradise

At the risk of sounding like a shallow devotchka for using the title above to discuss a fashion related subject, instead of one of the more important current world issues, let me apologize in advance; but the very important news tormenting yours truly today: Herr John Galliano. More specifically, his sad departure from Dior. More sadly, it wasn't precisely a "departure" , but more of a "YOU ARE FIRED" situation.

The man in question, Herr John Galliano, dearest

I am sure you have already heard about the whole Galliano's Anti-Semitic Scandal? If you have not, the story goes like this:

-Herr Galliano is accused of making some shameful anti-semitic comments at La Perle bar in Paris, as well as verbally abusing a couple nearby.


-Dior decides to suspend Herr Galliano from his responsibilities with the company. Dior chief executive Sidney Toledano says: "Dior affirms with the utmost conviction its policy of zero tolerance towards any anti-semitic or racist words or behaviour". This is when I thought: DAMN, you better not have said that, my most admired Galliano...!

-Sadly, and most terribly, it's Official; he DID said it! And you can read all about it right here. OR anywhere you w
ant, because it's already EVERYWHERE. There's even an infamous video featuring a drunk Galliano ranting against jews. And so, it's done, Herr John Galliano is fired from Christian Dior. Now, as much as I adore Herr Galliano's work, I must admit Dior handled things the very best way, they immediately took charge and made the (wether I want to accept/admit it or not) right decision since that was a trully shameful behavior from Herr Galliano ( ; n ; ).

NOOOOOOONONONONONONOOOOOOOOT GALLIANO ; n ;

This was a very unfortunate incident; I'm still quite astonished by some of the things said, I mean, it never would have occured to me that Herr Galliano would even have those kinds of views, specially when he had always seemed to be very open about acceptance of diversity, as well as a respectful, tolerant person. And, while I may not agree with many of the ideas of judaism, nor even manage to understand their points of view, I still respect them, because someone having a different mentality or ideas from what I think is right, does not give me, nor any of us the right to degrade nor hate upon others. Sigh.

Even so, I still deeply admire Herr Galliano as the artist he is. As much as I can't support his rude opinions, I still hope this experience will become more of a chance to change for him, to make up for his mistakes, learn something important from all of this and become a better person. Hopefully, he will manage to rebirth from his ashes and take over the Haute Couture world once again. WELL, if comes to "hoping" and "desiring" I must say, I still helplessly HOPE that all of this was a big, gigantic missunderstanding, and the person in that video is not Herr Galliano, but his unknown evil twin or something...! \(´Д`*\ ) ...... After all, one can dare to dream, right??? Hmmmmmmmmmm.......
*Hopeless sigh*

At least I know I will always admire his gorgeous past work and his influence on the fashion world. I mean, the man was an absolute genious! Despite of his shameful behaviour, one can't just deny that fact; I mean, you can't just "throw his talent under a rug" or something. I remember he was the main reason I even became interested in fashion; I had always perceived fashion as a shallow, empty industry, but it was Herr Galliano's work what trully intrigued me and made me realize how mistaken I was: fashion is a form of art. It allows ideas to become embodied into gorgeous garments; you can express yourself through fashion. Every single garment becomes a master piece, the culmination of an artist's hardwork. Herr Galliano's work showed me that. That is why I will forever deeply admire him as an artist, as well as his beautiful artwork. But enough talk (I think you, dearest of readers may already be thinking the same) and allow me to show you what the fuzz is all about, yes? I think it will be better to remember him by his artwork, rather than by these regretable events.


^Christian Dior Fall 2009Couture^
You can absolutely feel Herr Galliano's passion and fervor for his beautiful artwork

^Christian Dior Spring 2010 Couture^


^Christian Dior Spring 2011 Couture^
A breath-taking collection. One masterpiece after the other

^Christian Dior Fall 2010 RTW^
Even the so-called RTW Collections were dashingly stunning! Such a thoughtful collection: graceful and beautifully structured; the fitting is really flattering, each silhouette: a beautiful one of a kind.

^John Galliano Fall 2009 RTW^
This is my most favorite collection. Everything about it is absolutely gorgeous and perfect. All of the models look like precious deities. Without any exaggerations, I can say this collection is absolute perfection; all gorgeousness and gorgeousity taken a corporeal form
; u ;


Thank you, Galliano, sir, for all of the beautiful works of art you showed to the world, I hope you manage to get back in track again soon, learn from this unfortunate and become a better person... until next time! Peet all!


All pictures are from Style.com

34 comments:

ilsteviewonder said...

yeah he had some great stuff I hope he gets himself together

Kaiami said...

Gallianooooo! D:

Anthropomorphica said...

A sticky subject indeed! From what I can see he was somewhat drunk and exploded, who knows what pressure he was under and alcohol is infamous for destroying our filters. Should he have been fired for a drunken outburst? I think Dior will have a near on impossible task to replace him and he will keep on being as incredibly creative as always. Dior's loss I say.

wonderchris said...

Well said!

Unknown said...

He's an artist, a genius... but he should keep those anti-semitist opinions to his own don't you think?? Karl Lagerfeld is super pissed at him as I've heard and read... I wonder how will his work and career be affected by this.. will he gain enemies? (natalie portman already became one), will he gain followers? will he just get more fame because of this?.. we'll have to wait and see.. I just hope he gets on the right track... great post.. and thanks for stopping by my blog, I appreciate your comment on my drawing.. keep in touch, stay cool..

Pneumonia said...

the whole situation is sad.. that he has those kind of thoughts in his head and that dior never will be the same again..

Daria Hutt said...

Muy fuerte lo de Galliano, verdad. Te sigo

^^

♥ El blog de moda de Daria Hutt

Megan said...

Thanks for stopping by!! It was so shocking that anyone wore Dior to the Oscars.
What a terrible way to go out!

Czekoladowo said...

I'm wondering if he ever returns to Dior...
I hope so! and nice blog ;)

G♥

Erin said...

I can't believe he would do that! While I do think that behavior like that is shameful, I really wish that he could have been giving a big warning or something instead of being fired altogether! Bad move, everyone at Dior, including him... You'll have a hard time finding someone to do as good of a job as him!

-Erin

Fashion Underwater

Joanna Paterek said...

och, gosh... thank you for a such nice comment! (I don't think I am pretty)


interesting blog (:

Anonymous said...

Your comment was very sweet. Your blog is inspiring as well :)
<3

Danni said...

His departure is definitely the right decision, what he did was inexcusable. and i think we can rest assured that there's plenty of talented seamstresses, designers and figure heads out there to uphold the Dior legacy :)xxx

Lill-Veronica Skoglund said...

/ Thank you so much, I'm glad you find my work interesting :D

Although Galliano is immensely talented and his presence will be felt, I am confident that whoever fills his position will be equally talented.

Miss Fashion said...

John Galliano and Dior.......<3<3<3<3

xoxo
www.dontcallmyname-gaga.blogspot.com

Nikita said...

hopefully dior will be able to continue thriving without him
i'll be watching for sure!
xx Nikita

JULS said...

hola!! muchas gracias por tu comentario, me ha encantado! animo a ti tambien con la carrera.
un beso!

AzaharaJStyle (lost in Palma) said...

hola! gracias por tu comentario, te escribo en español xq tu lo has hecho.
Me gusta tu imagen, deberías poner más fotos tuyas.

besos
AzaharaJS

Bubblegum Design Studio said...

Hope to see Dior back on track again!

http://slackandlack.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I think its so sad about what Galliano did, he ruined such a brilliant reputation with so many amazing designs but Dior made the right decision.
really like your blog :)
www.styleisalwaysfashionable. blogspot.com

Tabatha said...

In my opinion what he said can't be tolerated - fullstop! Nobody should even think stuff like that, let alone say it. It's absolutely no excuse that he was drunk, because how they say "Drunks speak the truth." So he must believe what he said...
Yes, he is a genius, his work is stunning indeed & I'm said he's gone, but what else could Dior do? I'm sure there was a lot of pressure on him, that led to his drinking problems & a close friend of him (who was said to be his lover) died, so that might be an excuse for drinking but not for making antisemtic statements. Well, I'm German, maybe I'm even more sensitive to this issue than people from other nations, so please excuse that I get a little bit worked up here ;-)

Thank you for your comment on my blog :-) Yes, to be able to afford a whole closet of Chanel pieces would be a dream come true, right? *lol*

Would you consider following eachother? I'd love to as I think your blog is great & I really like your posts :-)

Nel said...

Hello! The blog is very good!
Congratulations!
http://nelsonsouzza.blogspot.com
Saludos!

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

Thank you for your sweet comment! :)

Gallianoo! I love all his works, he never fails to impress me with all his works! Hoping he can get back soon!

xx
http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

Marcela Gmd said...

Gracias por tu comentario!! Me gusta tu blog, si quieres, nos seguimos?. Besos Marcela.

Kristen Leo said...

i was never a fan of john galliano's work, maybe he is tallented, but i saw the video and if there is one thing i find disgusting in a person that is racism... it doesn't matter if you are a genious and can make a dress that can change colors with you thought, if you want to slaughter people because they are not like you then nobody should be supporting him. and am surprised people are still actially doing so


http://mary-jane-girl.blogspot.com/

Mila said...

Amaaaazing!

helen turnbull said...

these creations are incredible. Fashion designers are so inspirational.

Helen, X
http://areyoudressingupordressingdown.blogspot.com

Maria V @SoNailicious said...

Love Galliano! One of the best designers! Thanks for sharing :)
xox
Marusya V
http://crashingred.com

oomph. said...

sad...i'm sure his greatness will carry on...

rockoomph.blogspot.com

Megan said...

Great post! and thanks for stopping by. I promise I'll start updating again. Glad you like my blog.

Meg

Amber said...

This is all just so heartbreaking to read about :( I agree with oomph, though, his greatness WILL carry on.

Really, it's so sad, though :(((

Sebastián said...

muchas gracias!! los escribí yo si! me gusta jeje, me alegro que te gustara! pasate de vez en cuando por el blog!! un beso!

julia louise said...

RE: it's just platinum blonde.. i already have that color, babe.

Btw. thank you for the comment :)
You are welcome to follow?<3

Hope to see you on my blog again soon..

xo
http://julia-louise.blogspot.com

Thanh said...

He has made amazing contributions to the fashion world. Hopefully he comes back in some way and as a better person.

paperwhales.blogspot.com